Tagged: Elderly Residents
- This topic is empty.
March 14, 2020 at 3:07 pm #505Research Admin@research-admin
This begins the discussions and thinking on ways to help protect homebound elderly residents in Carteret County NC which are infinitely more susceptible to coronavirus infection.
We understand that medically vulnerable residents are also at great risk, along with the elderly in long-term care facilities, but we feel secure knowing that these individuals will be cared for by competent medical professionals. Thus, this discussion is centered around elderly who are not in a long-term care facility or other healthcare setting and live at home or with family members.
As of March 14, 2020, there are no official coronavirus cases that can be attributed to being community acquired. However, that has the potential to change very soon. Once community acquired cases increase, the need for homebound elderly residents in Carteret County NC to be looked after and cared for will become of prominent importance.
Discussions we are looking for using the reply form below:
- Ways to decrease isolation and fear of isolation.
- Ways to get prescription medications to homebound residents without them venturing out in to public.
- Ways to get food and other supplies to the elderly in the county without them needing to venture out in to public retail stores.
- Ways to decrease family and visitor infection being brought in to a home where an elderly person lives.
- Transportation issues related to getting this vulnerable population to routine healthcare facilities.
- How to limit public interaction while still allowing the elderly to feel connected to family and friends using technology.
- Dealing with fear, anxiety, and depression.
- Assisting this population with home cleaning and disinfection.
Please feel free to register on this site and add your thoughts to this subject.
DISCLAIMER: This website is not an entity associated with local government, emergency management, the health department, or any local municipality. This is a privately owned website.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.